Data Security Policy
As laid out in ARCAs policy all records are subject to Data Protection legislation, as such, ARCA are registered with the ‘Information Commissioner’s Office’ (ICO) number Z9332145. Confidential records and information are protected and secured via locked filing cabinets and password protected computer filing, with access to this information restricted on a ‘need to know’ basis.
Assessment records should be sufficient to show how assessors and internal quality assurers have; established the candidate’s competency, identified why the candidate has not been deemed competent and if relevant actions required for completion of the assessment.
Candidate records and assessments are stored at the Burton Office and MUST be:
- Accessible and available to the awarding body External Verifier, assessor and internal quality assurers as required and as appropriate.
- Kept within a secure system that ensures confidentiality of information.
- Up to date, clear, accurate and complete.
- Disposed of in secure manner by secure shredding.
- In line with requirements as requested by internal auditors (financial).
Everyone involved in the assessment process needs to ensure they are aware of the training and assessment administration processes – Competency Administration. Administrators, trainers,assessors and internal quality assurers must be aware of the process for completing assessment records ensuring they adhere to it at all times.