Business Insurance and Professional Indemnity
ATaC has worked with Howden Insurance Brokers for a number of years, improving the insurance market’s understanding of the unique risks associated with the asbestos industry, and educating our members on risk management.
The specialist asbestos industry team at Howden is available to provide insurance advice and benchmarking to ATaC members.
Howden Insurance Brokers
In 2003, Howden Insurance Brokers introduced the first professional indemnity scheme for testing laboratories and inspection bodies, following consultation with laboratory owners, ATaC, and UKAS. Howden was able to show insurers the benefits of stringent accreditation standards, not least that accredited laboratories and inspection bodies have lower claims ratios than other professionals.
Howden provides protection for all key business critical risks including professional indemnity, employers’ liability, public and product liability, buildings and contents, and – depending on the needs of individual clients – directors’ and officers’ liability. They arrange cover and actively help clients through the process when faced with a claim.
Product and Service Benefits:
- Exclusive partnership with Hiscox, a blue chip insurer
- Interest free direct debit
- One payment for all policies
- Special discount rate for online business HR service
- Non-adjustable premiums
- Recognition of UKAS accreditation
- Competitive premiums
- Cover for official investigations/proceedings
- Well established UKAS client base
- Experienced and dedicated team
- Specialist in-house claims team
For insurance advice, and/or to benchmark the quality of your current policy, please contact Howden’s Relationship Manager, Matt Baker