Furlough Claims Portal Open
The Government has launched the online claims service for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme today. There is also a published step by step guide to submitting claims for furloughed employees.
The Government has launched the online claims service for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme today.
The Government has also published a step by step guide to submitting claims for furloughed employees.
The scheme opens today for claims. You will receive payment six working days after making an application. If you wish to receive a payment from the scheme by the end of the month, you will need to submit your claim at least six working days in advance for the money to clear into your bank account. If you have an authorised agent, decide whether you want to make your own claim or if you want your agent to act on your behalf.
To make a claim yourself, you must gather the following information
- The number of employees being furloughed
- The dates employees have been furloughed to and from
- Details of employees – the name and National Insurance Number of each furloughed employee
- Your employer's PAYE scheme reference number
- Your Corporation Tax Unique Taxpayer Reference, Self-Assessment Unique Taxpayer Reference or Company Registration Number as appropriate for your entity
- Your UK bank account details
- Your organisation’s registered name
- Your organisation’s address
You should make sure you have this information ready before you begin to make your claim. There is an online calculator available to help you work out how much you can claim.
The Government confirmed on the 17th April that the scheme has been extended by one month until 30 June.